Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Gameboy Cartridge Reader Update

It has been a long and wonderful journey since the beginning of this project and if given the chance, I would do it all over again. For any readers who did not purchase a board, we are closing in on the end of the project. All of my boards and parts have arrived and I am simply pumping out completed board one after the other. Surface mounted components are very easy to do granted you have a hot air station, which I clearly do! Now that I have a little practice on the machine, SMT components take less time than through hole components. An FT232RL chip takes me less time to solder than a Through-hole resistor! Who would have guessed?

Anyhow, I know that all you're waiting for is pictures, so here they are:
In rough order from delivery to completion.

  Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

4 comments:

  1. Hello,
    Yours flasher looks great! May You share PCB files? I would like to make one :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will probably publicly release my files soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I recently sent you a message on Google hangouts regarding this project,I wasn't sure what way to contact you

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved to make one as well but I stink at surface mount components and making pcb

    ReplyDelete