Thursday, January 23, 2014

Build Log 1-23-14

Today I built a simple potentiometer array for testing purposes. It is nothing more than a flat surface with 8 pots with easy access pins on the sides.

If you read my previous post, we are adding analog pins to the Arduino so that we can read many more pot values. This is what I will use to test the reading functions of all 8 channels of the MCP3008 ADC.

The bill of materials includes:
8x potentiometers with fasteners
6x 1" screws
washers
6 - 12x nuts
6x nylon spacers
2 small panels of wood or thick cardboard, yes cardboard. I am cheap. :P

If you want a smaller or larger interface, then you can simply increase or decrease the parts list as per necessary. Here it is:






If you were wondering, the dimensions are 9" L x 2" W x 1.5" D. The depth is a close estimation since the screws hang below about 3mm and the knobs are all of different sizes. I used stuff around the house to build this, but maybe I will find some cheap knobs to buy from China.


No comments:

Post a Comment