Friday, February 26, 2016

Weird Science - The start of my modular company

For the last few years, I have been designing modular synth equipment in hopes of opening a store to sell them, or in the very least, have my own kit to play with. I began designing 3U modules but just sat on the designs for several years tweaking, adjusting, testing and revising them without anything to show for it besides a mountain of intellectual property.

Now, I have a chance to actually make my modules but the interest is in 1U, so I have been redesigning the layouts and retracing everything to accommodate the 1U, or Tile, layout. I am very quickly discovering that many of my module designs are better fit to a 90 degree mounting scheme, and boards are cheaper since they can be more square.

If anyone is interested in Modular stuff, please check me out once my store is up and running. I should be uploading some things to Big Cartel within the next month or so.

I call myself, Weird Science.

http://weirdscience.bigcartel.com/

Weird Science

Weird Science

Weird Science

No comments:

Post a Comment